About me

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Movie Post

My Favorite Movie Genres and My Favorites of Each Genre

I have 3 favorite movie genres. Horror, comedy, and action. My favorite horror movie would definitely be ¨Lights Out (2016)¨. It´s purpose was to revive the audience´s fear of the dark that they had when they were little kids. It´s about this evil dark entity named Diana terrorizing this family, but she can only live in darkness. If you are in the light, you are safe. If you are in a dark area, she will get you. However, she can also destroy the lights that the people have. And unlike most horror films these days, this movie is not just cheap jumpscares. It actually made the hairs on my arms stand up at times! I´m not going to lie, I wanted to put a night light in my room after watching Lights Out.

My favorite comedy would probably be ¨Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (1987)¨. I´m sure a lot of people would agree with me on this one. This is a Thanksgiving classic. It´s about a man trying to get to Chicago to see his family for Thanksgiving, and he meets a man who is kind of a loser, but has a very kind heart. Its one of those comedies which the main character has so much bad luck for the whole movie, and I teared up from laughing a couple times in it. Even though this movie is rated R because one of the scenes has a lot of F-bombs, my family and I watch it every Thanksgiving after the feast.

I have a lot of favorite action movies, but five really stand out. They are; ¨Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)¨, ¨Captain America Civil War (2016)¨,  "Leon: The Professional (1994)'', ''Thor (2011)", and ''Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)''. These are all amazing films and I have definitely watched them more than once. They have great acting, amazing plots, and if you're a fan of watching professional action scenes, these are the movies for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment