About me

Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Pros and Cons about PARCC

The Pros And Cons About The PARCC Test

I just finished taking the PARCC test the day before yesterday, and I used to think that it was the worst test ever, but I have changed my mind. I am going to talk about the highs and lows of taking the PARCC test. One of the cons is that the students barely benefit from it academically. Neither colleges nor high schools look at the results of the PARCC test, and this causes students to not try their bests. The results only benefit the school, and not the students, so we sometimes wonder ¨Why do we have to try our best on this test if we get nothing out of it?¨.  Another con about it is that they give us too much time. Sure, the test is a bit time-consuming, but two hours is way too long. It usually takes my whole class about an hour or so to finish each unit. However, the PARCC test has its perks, too. The best one? We don't even get any homework, which is awesome! For me, no homework equals no stress, which makes life awesome. Also, it was awesome that our school let us just chill out outside when the whole school was done with a unit and needed a break. I know that barely any schools did this, which makes us all the more lucky. To be honest, the PARCC test is underrated. People complain about it and say it is very stressful, but I consider it as a break from homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment